- 2 days ago
Benefits of Sweet Almond Oil (For Hair & Skin)
I often think that SAO is underrated, and I remember not too long ago someone asking me about the benefits of this oil on my blog. It’s so versatile in use, and I love that it’s virtually oderless. I use it in my homemade shea butter mix and it is the moisturiser of choice for my face after washing with Dudu-Osun (African Black Soap). Since Sweet Almond Oil is non-comedogenic, meaning it won’t clog or block your pores, it is easily absorbed into the skin.
Benefits for hair:
- Known to treat dandruff by removing dead skin cells
- Increases shine in hair
- Light & easily absorbed in hair — thus making it an effective component for an every day or daily leave in conditioner
Benefits for skin:
- Helps to lighten up scarring
- Reduces dark under eye circles
- Evens your skin tone & enhances the glow of your skin
- Combats and heals dry skin
I can literally attest to every single benefit listed, especially as SAO has been a great moisturiser for my skin, is literally the only product that has made my acne scars completely disappear in conjunction with Black Soap, as well as evening out my skin tone and reducing redness tremendously.
The two photos above were taken after washing & moisturising my face.
- 3 days ago